Welcome To Our Career Page
Since 2001, Jeanine Hemingway, CPA has provided bookkeeping, accounting, training, and tax services for small to mid-sized businesses across an array of industries throughout Austin, Texas. Our firm is a place to grow, learn, and receive support to excel in a career.
A Dedication to Quality
Our mission statement: Providing quality bookkeeping and tax services in a supportive environment, is reflected in our client relationships and how we serve our business community. Teamwork is the key to effective client service. We strive to establish and maintain a partnership relation with our clients to help them achieve their business and personal goals. Supporting our clients begins with understanding their accounting and compliance requirements in a judge-free environment. We strive to be proactive with our clients to help provide the best tax planning strategies possible.
A Commitment to Success
Our firm is committed to providing clients with a full range of high-quality services. Beyond the traditional areas of accounting, bookkeeping, and tax services, we provide strategic guidance and expertise to help our clients navigate complex tax and accounting issues so that their businesses can remain financially sound for years to come.
A Supportive Environment
When you join Jeanine Hemingway, CPA, you become a member of our team committed to maintaining an environment enriched by professional and personal diversity. If you’re looking for a professional, caring, and enriching workplace, where the focus is on developing the individual, we offer:
- Paid Holidays and Earned Vacation
- Paid time off
- SIMPLE IRA & matching
- Subsidized life insurance and subsidized supplemental insurance
- Simple IRA
- Simple IRA matching
- Life insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Supplemental insurance
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
Why Work at This Company?
Awesome CEO, great team, and lots of room for growth! Flexible schedule and work environment.
Hiring Company Description:
We are a fast-growing accounting firm located in South Austin. We specialize in small business and individual tax preparation, tax planning, and bookkeeping.
Job Title: Tax Associate
Job Description: Interested in being a part of a growing and fun team of professionals? We are searching for a dynamic and collaborative full-time tax associate to join our fast-paced team.
If you have the following qualifications keep reading:
- 1-2 years experience in preparing federal & state income tax returns (in a public accounting setting)
- OR equivalent experience
- Ability to read and analyze financial statements
Yes? Well, read on and join us. We make tax prep fun and exciting to do.
What you will be doing:
- Preparing individual and business federal and state income tax returns.
- Occasional bookkeeping cleanup.
During the initial period, this position will be in the office as we offer amazing training. We do follow CDC COVID protocols to protect our team and clients. This position can transition to be remote or hybrid. All necessary technology will be provided.
Additional Job skill requirements:
* Understanding of current income tax laws. (Continued training will be provided)
* Must be QuickBooks (desktop and online) proficient
* Must be Excel proficient
* Knowledgeable on other MS Office Products (Outlook, Word, Access, etc.)
* CPA/EA is not required
Job Title: Bookkeeper
Job Description: Jeanine Hemingway, CPA is seeking a full-time bookkeeper to join our team. This position requires an organized person who is professional and personable.
* Preparation and maintenance of client accounting records including A/P, A/R, inventory, payroll, and account reconciliations
* Preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual financial statements
* Assist with preparation of 1099s, sales tax reports, payroll tax reports, fixed asset/depreciation schedules
* Clarification and resolutions of transactions with clients and internal staff
* Must be able to independently manage business clients, assume responsibility to meet all deadlines, and work well under pressure and manage time efficiently
* Work independently and within a team – cooperatively and collaboratively
Required Knowledge, Experience, and Skills:
* Preferred associate accounting degree or equivalent experience
* Experience working with a CPA firm/Public accounting is a plus
* Minimum 3 years experience in QuickBooks (Desktop & Online) is required
* QuickBooks Online ProAdvisor, preferred
* Experience with Microsoft suite of software
* Willingness to learn all aspects of public accounting
* QuickBooks and accounting assessments prior to hiring